Background Check / Fingerprinting
The School of Education and the SOIS School Library Media Program at Dominican University are committed to the protection of all children and young people. To that end, we seek to work with school districts and civic communities to make schools safe environments for the student body. Applicants to the School Library Media Program are required to submit to national and state fingerprint-based criminal background checks.
Students applying to the SOIS School Library Media Program are required to obtain both a UCIA (State of Illinois) and FBI Departmental fingerprint check through Accurate Biometrics. The cost of the UCIA check is $30; the FBI check is $45. Students should pay Accurate Biometrics directly.
- Print and complete the following three forms before you go to Accurate Biometrics
- Students may go to any Accurate Biometrics Facility.
- Accurate Biometrics will give you a receipt for each transaction. SOIS students should submit copies of their receipts to the SLMP administrative assistant in the SOIS office (Crown 300) or via email: email@example.com.
- Results of the UCIA check are received and retained by Dominican University.
- IMPORTANT: FBI results are NOT received by the University. It is the student’s responsibility to print his/her results from the Accurate Biometrics website portal within 14 days. Students should be prepared to provide their FBI results to school districts upon request. IF YOU FAIL TO RETRIEVE THEM WITHIN 14 DAYS, you will LOSE your ability to access them. Accurate Biometrics is under strict regulation from the FBI to delete the records after that time period.