John R. Tibbott Elementary School – Elementary School Teaching/Library Media Specialist
John R. Tibbott Elementary School is looking for an Elementary School Teaching/Library Media Specialist ASAP!! The position will be open until December 19th so take a look!
VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full time Temporary Library Media Specialist position. The individual would be responsible for assisting teachers and students with research projects and ordering books. The individual must have strong technology skills and knowledge of the Follett Destiny Library Manager..
JOB SUMMARY: The library media specialist is responsible to the building Principal for: planning instructional lessons that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students as well as address state standards; creating an environment that is conducive to learning; and employing effective instructional strategies. In addition the library media specialist is also responsible for providing an environment that fosters an appreciation of literature and literature sharing with students as well as assisting teachers with literature to support the K-5 Curriculum.
- Applicant must hold appropriate State of Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License with Library Information Specialist Endorsement
- Previous experience as a media specialist or classroom teacher preferred
- Masters Degree in Library Science preferred
- Ability to provide instructional support in the areas of instructional technology, selection and implementation of materials needed for various study programs
- Ability to maintain an accurate inventory of all media materials
- Knowledge of staff development and program improvement activities
- Ability to work closely with parents, teachers, and supervisors to establish effective communication
- Spanish a Plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits, including life, health and dental insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply online at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application, resume and three (3) letters of recommendation.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable after the deadline date.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER