Preparation and Communication For Clinical Experience
- Contact your site supervisor at least two (2) weeks prior to your start date. Ask whether you may meet at the school prior to your start date to cover administrative and logistic points (daily starting and ending times; where to park, enter, sign-in, etc.) so that on your first day you can start right in to work. Also ask about any days that the school will be closed.
- It is your responsibility to establish the details of the schedule with your site supervisor. If there is any doubt about your being able to complete the required number of hours notify the coordinator of clinical practice or your university supervisor immediately. (Student teachers are required to complete 200 hours of clinical experience per placement).
- If there is any modification of the dates, location or supervision of the clinical experience, please contact the coordinator of clinical practice to obtain approval.
- After consulting with your site supervisor, contact the university supervisor to schedule a date for the university supervisor’s visit.
- You may choose to meet with the candidate prior to the clinical experience to discuss the activities available in your program and the areas in which the candidate needs experience.
- For optimal learning outcomes in this placement, please ensure that all Dominican materials are used as guides through the clinical experience by the library media specialist supervising the candidate.
- Consult with the candidate to schedule a date for the university supervisor’s visit.
Contact the site supervisor and the candidate during the first week of the placement to learn how the experience has been to date and answer any questions.
If there are any questions or concerns about the clinical practice, contact the university supervisor or the coordinator of clinical practice.